1. Your privacy
Bike Force Docklands is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act, and health privacy legislation.
2. What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We do not collect or hold any of your banking or credit card details. Your transactions are processed through a secure third party platform or bank.
For example, if you:
o make an in-store purchase, we may collect your identity and transaction details in person and, if you use our delivery service, your name, contact details and delivery address.
o pre-order goods or services, put goods on hold, if you leave goods for repair or purchase certain electronic devices from us, we may collect your name and contact details
o provide details to join special mailing lists or databases after a purchase has been made, and you have provided us with your email address, you will be added to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive further emails.
o attend a store, we may capture images and/or sound recordings of you through CCTV cameras
o make a purchase online or using an electronic device such as an iPad when in-store or when you otherwise set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, delivery address or store pick up details
o provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the Bike Force Docklands Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps
o attend a Bike Force Docklands function or event, we will collect your name, contact details and any dietary or accessibility requirements
o enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise or services preferences and feedback
o send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
o apply for a job at Bike Force Docklands, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details
3. Why we collect personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- processing transactions, in-store and online, and delivering products and services
- promoting Bike Force Docklands and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties.
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- protecting the security of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- recruiting staff and contractors
- general planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.a) Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Bike Force Docklands, you consent to Bike Force Docklands contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and if you download them any Bike Force Docklands Apps. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those message
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.4. Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
o Third party platforms in order to fulfill an order placed on the Bike Force Docklands website
o financial institutions for payment processing
o referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
o Bike Force Docklands's contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, venues and event organisers, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers), and those third parties who offer Bike Force Docklands-branded products
o regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with law5. Data quality and security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. We take reasonable steps to:
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to Bike Force Docklands's computer systems, controlled access to Bike Force Docklands's corporate premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and training and workplace policies. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Bike Force Docklands directly. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible
b) Third party sites
6. Changes to this Policy