Getting ready for your next big event
With five months until Bicycle Network's Around the Bay, it's time to source your equipment so you can start training with it.
Road cycling essentials:
- A road bike is the best option for long rides on flat roads.
- Clip in cycling shoes will make pedalling more efficient, so you can ride faster for longer.
- Good quality cycling shorts with a decent chamois and bib straps will keep you comfortable on long rides.
- Your repair kit should include spare tubes and a hand pump or CO2 canister, so you can repair a flat on the go.
- For rides over 50km, you'll need two water bottles.
- Energy gels and sports bars are packed with carbohydrates to keep you fuelled for your ride.
Visit us in store and we'll help you understand the range of bikes and equipment available, and what suits you best.